Mary Robinson MP (Cheadle)
Cheadle Hulme, Stockport
Within IPSA payscales (£21,529 – £32,022) and dependent on experience
Mary Robinson MP is looking to appoint a Communications Officer to join her constituency team in Cheadle.
Key responsibilities include:
· Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
· Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
· Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
· Preparing media briefings
· Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on FB and Twitter
· Follow up on social media queries and comments
The following skills, experience and qualities are required for the role:
· Accurate writing skills
· Excellent organisation and administrative skills
· An ability to deal with constituent’s enquiries in a personable manner and to work well within a small team of colleagues
· Strong communication skills
· Experience of providing high quality briefings, drafting press releases, and writing articles
· Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and use own initiative
· Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
· Full UK driving licence is desirable
9 August 2021
Interview and Start Dates
Interviews will take place as soon as possible. An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply by completing an application form attached below and emailing it to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Job Application – Communications Officer’.
If alternative access is required please call 0161 672 6855.