I hold regular advice surgeries throughout the constituency and I am always happy to try to help with a wide range of concerns.

However, I am more likely to be able to help with problems concerning central government services such as:

  • Benefits, pensions, national insurance and other matters dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions
  • Tax problems involving HM Revenue and Customs
  • Problems with the NHS
  • Problems with Child Maintenance Service
  • Immigration and other problems dealt with by the Home Office

There are some instances when I may not be able to help, for example, I am unable to intervene in private disputes with neighbours or employers, and I cannot interfere with decisions made in court.

Many constituents contact me about issues with the local Council, where they are unhappy with a decision, such as road repairs, parking or allocation of school places. Whilst I am unable to overturn a decision made by the Council or obtain preferential treatment, I am always happy to ask for a case to be reviewed.

If you need my help, please telephone my office on 0161 672 6855 and one of my staff will be happy to assist you.

Furthermore, if you wish to book a surgery appointment, my staff will need full details of the problem you have, and may be able to offer immediate assistance.