Mirrlees Field Consultation

Mirrlees Fields are currently designated as green space and as such cannot be built on. However, this status can be changed – meaning the current future of the Field is uncertain. MAN Energy are proposing to overturn this status and build on 35% of the Fields whilst maintaining the oak trees and public rights of way. The remaining 65% of Mirrlees Fields would be put into trust and turned into a maintained country park for local people to enjoy. This 65%, it has been advised by MANEnergy, would be protected from future development. We are keen to hear your views on this proposal, so please complete the survey below so you can have your say. 

Mirrlees Fields

  • 1 Current: Mirrlees Consultation
  • 2 Your details
Are you aware of proposals from MAN Energy to build 150 houses on Mirrlees Fields?
How often do you use Mirrlees Fields?
Would you support the development of 150 houses on the ‘Big Field’ at Mirrlees?
Would you support the development of 150 houses on the ‘Big Field’ if the remaining green space is protected from development in the long term by a Trust?