How Can I Help?

I am always happy to try to help constituents with a wide range of concerns. As an MP, I am more likely to be able to help with problems concerning central government departments and services such as:

  • Benefits, pensions, National Insurance and other matters dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions.
  • Tax problems involving HM Revenue and Customs.
  • Problems with the NHS.
  • Problems with the Child Maintenance Service.
  • Referring a complaint to the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman.
  • Raising your issue with the relevant Secretary of State or Minister on your behalf.
  • Responding to your queries on matters of Government policy.

When contacting me regarding any of the above issues, please ensure to include any relevant reference numbers and your National Insurance Number if necessary.

There are some instances when I may not be able to help, for example, I cannot provide legal advice and am generally unable to intervene in:

  • Private disputes with neighbours or another individual.
  • Disputes with an employer.
  • Consumer matters.
  • Decisions made in court or issues/cases subject to court action.

In any of these situations, I would strongly advise you to seek legal advice from a solicitor.

There are a range of other issues where I do not have any direct jurisdiction, however I am more than happy to try and represent your concerns to a third party, government agency or Local Authority. These include:

  • Road repairs and street issues.
  • Parking issues.
  • Planning applications.
  • School places.
  • Issues relating to crime & policing.
  • Decisions made by Local Authorities.

If your issue doesn’t fall within any of the above categories, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and my staff can advise on how I might be able to help you.


Immigration casework forms a significant part of my correspondence, therefore to ensure that my staff and I can best assist you, please include the following information:

  • The full name and date of birth of the applicant(s).
  • Any relevant Home Office reference numbers.
  • Any correspondence you have received from the Home Office relating to the application.

I do not have any direct jurisdiction over individual cases, and am highly unlikely to be able to assist if there is not a live application. However my staff and I will be able to assist you by contacting UK Visas & Immigration if:

  • You have an active application and would like me to raise your concerns in relation to it.
  • You have not heard from UKVI about your application in the expected time frame.
  • There is a delay in processing a refund.
  • You require clarity from UKVI regarding any correspondence they have sent to you.

My staff and I will not be able to assist with:

  • Supportive letters in advance of/to be included in an application.
  • Immigration advice or assistance with preparing an application.
  • Appealing or reversing a decision where there is no right of appeal.


I hold regular surgeries in the constituency. If you wish to book a surgery appointment please do get in touch with my office. My staff will need full details of the problem you wish to discuss, and will be able to advise on the best course of action. It may be the case that my staff are able offer immediate assistance, or if I am unable to assist, they can point you in the right direction.